Careers at Thrive provide a tremendous opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Client Business Executive – Financial Services
New York, NY
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cybersecurity, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
Thrive seeks to hire a CBE to further accelerate growth into the capital markets buy side, hedge fund and alternative investment community. The individuals applying for this position must have previous experience selling technology to the buy side. This is a high profile position, this individual must be highly motivated, goal oriented and focused on vertical market penetration. Candidates must be willing to work independently in a demanding and dynamic environment. Due to the consultative nature of the sales process, candidates must also have extremely strong relationship building skills, technical aptitude, a proven quota-attainment track-record and a demonstrated ability to close.
Individual duties are outlined and assigned by the Vice President of Sales and/or Chief Revenue Officer in conjunction with individual performance goals and objectives. Basic guidelines include:
- Meet or exceed revenue goals as established by the Thrive Senior Management Team through direct (75%+) and indirect (<25%) sales efforts
- Customer contract negotiations to attain quota, within pre-approved gross margin parameters
- Understand and articulate the company’s value proposition through a consultative sales approach
- Must speak the financial industry capital markets trading vernacular
- Must understand financial industry market structure and current trends
- Establish and qualify pipeline, engaging appropriate resources to develop technical requirements and solutions
- Utilize Salesforce.com CRM to maintain account information, funnels and forecasts in order to meet & exceed revenue goals
- Maintain knowledge on current technologies & services relevant to Thrive and the overall technology managed services industry
- Recommend and attend relevant industry technology & networking events.
- Attend meetings with qualified prospects at client locations (up to 20% travel outside the territory may be required, most within driving distance in the Northeast US.)
- Timely completion of required paperwork and reports
- Additional duties, upon management request
- 8 to 10 years Minimum, technical sales experience
- 3 to 5 years selling to the financial buy side vertical
- Solution sales skills
- Excellent grammar, written and oral communication skills
- High-level understanding of computer networking technology and industry trends
- Experience in consultative sales within a service-based organization
- Ability to develop a professional rapport, overcome objections and maintain influential demeanor both in person and over the phone
- Degree from 4-year college with proven academic success
- Experience working for a Systems Integration, Computer Hardware/Software Reseller or Managed Services Provider
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and processes preferred
- Experience in selling technology or technology services (Managed IT Services, SaaS, HaaS, Hosted Services, Professional IT / Integration Services)
- Relevant Technical or Sales Certifications (MCP, VSP, VTSP, ITIL)
- A well-established professional network complimentary to the role
- Salary, commensurate with experience
- Generous commission plan
- Strong upward mobility for a career path within a rapidly growing company
The CBE shall prospect all of New York and New England, convert inbound web leads and establish a vendor network in order to attain quota selling Thrive’s Technology Managed Services Platform. Some support from inside sales and some web inbound leads will be provided, however, the right candidate shall be a self-starter with excellent “hunting” skills and an established network of prospects, potential customers, industry peers and vendors.
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email email@example.com.