Careers at Thrive provide a tremendous opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cybersecurity, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
The Contract Specialist is responsible for performing contract assignments in support of internal and external procurement activity or in the audit/review of that activity.
- Responsible for all contracts made by the company to ensure they comply with law and company policy
- Responsible for drafting, analyzing, amending and negotiating contracts
- Knowledge of state, federal, contract, corporate and labor law is a must have
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate, thorough contract records and help facilitate interdepartmental communications related to assigned areas
- Train various personnel to assist in some contract procedures
- Assist with contract termination procedures
- Participate as a team member on an acquisition management review team or on an equivalent assignment
- Conduct basic procurement procedures and techniques
- Conduct contract related investigations and research
- Maintain, organize and track current client contracts
- Perform commonly used contracting methods and contract styles related to pre-award, post-award and/or price/cost analysis functions to perform well-defined and precedent contract actions
- Analyze business practices and market conditions to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and contractor performance
- Assign work in terms of objectives, priorities and deadlines and provides additional assistance with new or unusual assignments
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration or a related field
- 5-10 years in professional procurement and contracting, which includes the drafting of complex contracts, including revisions, and solicitation documents
- Proficiency in contract language, copyright principles and computer systems
- Excellent written and communication skills both internally and externally and exhibit excellent analytical ability
- Experience as a paralegal or legal assistant is a plus
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.