Careers at Thrive provide a tremendous opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cyber Security, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
Provide technical hardware, software, and connectivity problem resolution to all client computers and users by diagnosing and walking users through step-by-step solutions; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; assist engineers and technicians; troubleshoot printer problems; work with next level support to resolve complex issues; conduct hardware and software maintenance and reporting as needed; and perform related work as required. In-State travel required.
The Tier 1 Field Engineer will serve clients by going on-site to their locations, serving as deskside support and on-site support to all client issues, responding to service tickets of the client’s request or problem; resolves all first level end-user problems; escalates all Tier 2 problems to the next level of support for guidance and direction; contacts third-party vendors for warranty service repair and dispatch; and dispatches appropriate resources for problems that cannot be resolved remotely.
The Tier 1 Field Engineer will be able to complete all tasks necessary to unbox, assemble, and bare metal configure 10 corporate workstations in a standard 8 hour business day. Final build would include all line of business applications, domain join, VPN configuration, peripheral setup and verification, user profile configuration, and any documented specialty tasks provided by the client.
Primary responsibilities are descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves first level problems for end-users of the workstations, laptops, terminal services and Citrix sessions, end-user software and hardware, network and VPN connectivity, the Internet, server services, server drive space, validation of server error messages for escalation, and new computer technology in a call center environment; communicates solutions to end-users effectively.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution for client (PC) software and connectivity.
- Sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals, both onsite and remotely.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and basic server, e-mail, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems.
- Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third party vendor maintenance agreements as needed.
- Acts as remote hands for engineering staff onsite as needed.
- Assists Network Technicians in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs) and procedural knowledgebase articles.
- Provides assistance to Tier 2 staff with problem research and documentation.
Have the Ability to:
Deliver technical customer support professionally; identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical computer-related problems; make the distinction between first and second level end-user problems; identify, evaluate and solve end-user workstation problems; support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed; read, understand and apply complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population. Represent the company in a professional manner; presenting and communicating in an effective and professional manner at all times.
Desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the workstations and laptops; principles and theories of network systems and management; Internet technologies and products; understanding of change control procedures; basic understanding of electrical safety procedure.
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as detailed below, or have an equivalent of documented experience. Equivalency decisions are made on the basis of a combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) desired. Any Candidate that does not hold an MCTS, but does hold equivalent experience can work toward compliance as part of a performance improvement plan agreement.
- 3+ years providing end-user support for current PC desktop and application software
- 3+ years installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a corporate networked environment.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 45 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.