Careers at Thrive provide a tremendous opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Helpdesk Support Engineer – Level 1 Support
New York, NY
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cybersecurity, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
The primary role of the Helpdesk Coordinator is to manage all incidents reported to the helpdesk. This person is responsible to document, assess, resolve, and/or escalate issues as appropriate, initiating customer contact. This person will provide status information throughout the resolution process to ensure effective communication and customer satisfaction. The Helpdesk Coordinator answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming issues via telephone and email requests. In addition, this person maintains the help desk schedule and scheduling of field engineers.
Helpdesk Coordinators need to prioritize workload based on our Service Level Agreement. Severity levels are assigned to each ticket dictating the time to respond to that issue. The ability to work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment is critical to this role. Very strong written and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines are a core requirement for this position. This person is focused on delivering outstanding customer service and satisfaction to our clients. Have a “can do” attitude with the ability to be energetic and enthusiastic at all times.
- Maintain a high level of world class customer service/professionalism to a wide range of customers
- Assign tickets to the proper resources, facilitate escalations and oversee the proper response of all severity issues based on time or skill requirements when necessary
- Provide basic Tier 1 phone support, accurately log and assign ticket to resource
- Coordination and scheduling of all onsite appointments for field and staffed engineers as well as communicating to clients
- Certify all tickets in ticket queue, move to respective technician and/or group
- Verify all open Helpdesk tickets contain relevant status updates with proper communication to the client throughout the life-cycle of the ticket
- Participate in our Ticket Quality Assurance processes
- Ticket reporting as requested by the Management team
The Helpdesk Coordinator will be familiar with basic technical tasks and support. He or she will also have some knowledge and understanding of basic administration tasks and end user support for:
- 1+ years providing end-user support for current PC desktop and application software
- 1+ years troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a corporate networked environment
- Must have strong communication/people skills, both written, verbal and excellent telephone manner
- Ability to articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent problem solver; able to prioritize and coordinate between tasks
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves level 1 problems for end-users of the workstations, laptops, printers and Mobile devices
- Must have experience with the below incidents/requests related to, but not limited to the following:
- Mail Application/Exchange/Office 365 issues
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS and Apple OS
- Active Directory – account creation/modification and password resets
- Basic Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
Benefits & Perks:
- A highly competitive salary
- A creative and fun work environment
- Medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) benefits, PTO
- Commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Snacks, free lunch on Friday’s and cold brew coffee machine!
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.