Careers at Thrive provide a tremendous opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Level II Engineer – Field Services & Remote Support
New York, NY
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cybersecurity, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
Thrive is seeking an enthusiastic, personable, and qualified Level II Engineer to join our support team. This individual will provide end-user desktop support remotely to several users at multiple locations running Windows, Exchange and Office 365 environments.
The Level II Engineer will serve clients by going on-site to the client’s locations as well as working with them remotely from our NYC office. This individual will serve as a desktop support technician and an end-user server administrator to all client issues while responding to Level 1 and 2 service ticket requests/problems. The Level II Engineer will be responsible for technical documentation, assessing, resolving, and/or escalating issues as appropriate. The Level II Engineer will escalate all problems to the next level of support for guidance and direction; contacts third-party vendors for warranty service repair. This individual will communicate to the IT Coordinator for problems that cannot be resolved.
- 2+ years providing end-user support for current PC desktop, application software and user server administration
- 2+ years troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a corporate networked environment
- 1+ years of financial industry experience, specifically within a private equity firm or hedge fund is preferred
- 1+ years providing white glove IT support
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, both written, verbal and excellent telephone manner
- Maintain a high level of world-class customer service/professionalism to a wide range of customers
- Enthusiastic individual with professional appearance and strong drive to provide quality support with a “can do” attitude and the ability to be energetic all times
- Articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Ability to concisely describe or summarize a problem and steps taken to diagnose and resolve it, in writing
- Working collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment is critical to this role
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent problem solver; able to prioritize and coordinate between tasks
- Ability to identify, diagnose, and resolve first level problems for end-users of the workstations, laptops, printers and Mobile devices
- Must have 2+ years of experience with the below incidents/requests related to, but not limited to the following:
- Mail Application/Exchange/Office 365 issues
- In depth knowledge of various operating systems (Mac-OS, Windows)
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Active Directory – account creation/modification and password resets
- Basic Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Office Suite 2007 and beyond
- Experience with anti-virus technologies and troubleshooting
- Client VPN setup and troubleshooting
- Network and connectivity troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- A highly competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401(k) Benefits, PTO
- Commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Snacks, free lunch on Friday’s and cold brew coffee machine!
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.