Careers at Thrive provide a tremendous opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
TITLE: Patching Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology Platforms
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cybersecurity, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate technical proficiency, has strong verbal and written communication skills, and has the desire to learn and be involved in maintaining the security of our clients through the patching process. The Patching Engineer, as part of the Technical Systems Team, is responsible for managing and maintaining the patch management systems used to deliver Windows and third-party patches to our clients. The team has responsibility to provide support to internal staff as well as our clients in the utilization of these systems to manage and support their environments. The Patching Engineer will also be responsible for configuration tasks, troubleshooting issues as they arise, and creating documentation of processes when needed. This position requires the ability to work outside of normal business hours on nights and weekends as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Onboarding new clients in systems we manage and sell. This includes creating policies to apply settings consistently over the client’s endpoints
- Troubleshooting issues with the patching process, including installation failures
- Performing regular maintenance of our systems, including patch approval and maintenance of 3rd party patch catalogues
- Keeping up with education on new features in order to provide support and training to staff and clients
- Assist other team members with tasks outside of patching as time permits
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Associate’s Degree, Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solver; able to resolve problems using analytical skills, technical expertise, or research
- Self-motivated, has the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- 3+ years desktop and server support experience
- Solid understanding of Microsoft patching schedules and methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work after-hours as tasks dictate
- Willingness to train, learn and educate others
- Detail oriented – position requires a high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks of varying priority
Technical Skills: Broad knowledge of information technology processing systems, concepts, and methodologies. Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies. Preferred technical knowledge:
- Experience working with Kaseya Patch Management, Reporting, Agent Procedures, and Policy Management
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Workstation Operating Systems
- Experience troubleshooting server software configuration issues
- Experience with VMware vSphere & ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with Group Policy administration
In order to perform this job effectively, it is better to have a deeper understanding of the technologies with which we are working. Preferred certifications include:
- Microsoft: MCSA Windows 2008/2012 or above
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position is a set Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM and a flexible 20-hour block to be used as dictated by the needs of the position that require completion. Flexible scheduling may require work be completed on weekends. After-hours work is available as needed with management approval.
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.