Careers at Thrive provide a tremendous opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
New York, NY
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cybersecurity, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
Thrive is seeking a Principal Consultant to join our professional services-oriented engineering team. Thrive NY is, located in midtown Manhattan, provides consultative, white-glove service oriented MSP engagement to small, midsize, and enterprise clients primarily throughout the NY Tri-State area. Thrive is ranked among the top 100 IT Managed Service Providers globally. Our Mission is to become the most respected and referred technology solutions firm serving mid-market, enterprise, and emerging customers in the Northeast United States.
The Principal Consultant’s primary responsibilities fall into 6 primary service areas:
- Relationship management
- Regulatory and Compliance / Cybersecurity
- Technical advisement and road map
- Internal oversight and mentorship
- Technology operating expense and budget planning
- Project management
The Principal Consultant role is responsible for quality of service as well as technical guidance to a wide variety of clients – business as well as technical acumen is required. Opportunities are available to service finance, manufacturing, legal, retail, and professional service firms in this role. Expertise in any vertical is considered a plus in addition to any technical expertise or areas of study.
It is expected that the Principal Consultant’s work history will show increasing levels of responsibility progression both technically and managerially. A Principal Consultant should be comfortable performing project management and quality assurance duties for projects. They should have a genuine enjoyment of mentoring the engineering team and any direct reports. The Principal Consultant should be fluent in the architecture deployed by the Senior System Administrators which includes but is not limited to:
- VMware System Administration
- Windows System Administration
- Exchange Administration (On-Premise, Hybrid, Office 365)
- Office 365 Administration
- Mobile Device Administration/Management
- Remote Computing (Microsoft RDS, Citrix)
- LAN/WAN Administration (SonicWALL/Cisco/Meraki)
- Wireless Administration (Meraki, Cisco)
- Server Infrastructure Administration
- SAN/NAS Administration (HP, Dell, EMC, NetApp)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Be legally able to work in the United States
- Have excellent native-level written and spoken English
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for forming close client relationships that transcend the employers of both the client and the Principal Consultant.
- Provide references not only from former employers and coworkers, but also from prior or existing clients who followed them from employer to employer as an example of personal loyalty and relationship development
- 5-7 years of financial industry experience is required, preferably within an MSP environment
- A highly competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401(k) Benefits, PTO
- Commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Snacks, free lunch on Friday’s and cold brew coffee machine!
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.