Careers at Thrive provide a tremendous opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Technical Product Specialist
New York, NY
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cybersecurity, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
We are looking for a Technical Product Specialist to join our team and help us grow our organization.
Responsibilities for this position include responding to managing inbound requests from internal resources/clients, interpreting the needs and requirements, creating quotes/proposals, executing and tracking purchases, and managing the logistics of final delivery. Additionally, Technical Product Specialists are responsible for maintenance and organization of inventory.
- Process, review and research customer requests
- Generate quotes based on customer needs and approved equipment to fill these needs
- Interact with vendors to determine optimal solutions when necessary
- Maximize profitability by evaluating vendors for each other on a mix of criteria including price, availability and shipment speed
- Track and provide regular updates to clients on the progress of their orders
- Shipping and receiving of equipment in Thrive office
- Arrange for final delivery of items using the most efficient modality given the requirements
- Processing of tracked renewals on a timely basis
- Provide complete, accurate, and timely information to accounting for invoicing of orders
- Be an active and integral member of the Procurement team
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year university
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of hardware and software sourcing techniques
- Tenacity to identify and recommend improvements to existing processes
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Experience with major distributors (Ingram Micro, TechData) a plus but not required
- Experience using ServiceNow a plus but not required
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.