Careers at Thrive provide a tremendous opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
New York, NY
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cyber Security, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
We are a growing managed service provider seeking to add a Windows Systems Administrator to our team. The ideal candidate will have 5 – 7 years of experience supporting complex Microsoft based environments.
Working closely with the technology team, you will leverage your experience to support and enhance our existing infrastructure and services. This is a complex multi-tenant environment requiring intimate knowledge of interdependencies between systems. The candidate must be SME level with respect to Windows Servers, file systems, DFSR and Active Directory.
- Address tier 2 escalations from the support team
- Enforce standard operating procedures and security best practices
- Optimize existing and new systems
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Develop and enhance monitoring of systems
- Prepare and update internal and client facing documentation
- Work with other departments implementing various Windows based systems
- Immediate authorization to work in the US
- 4+ year’s experience installing, administering and supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems
- 4+ year’s experience implementing GPOs, OU, resources, security principals, replication, DNS/name space, group policy management, domain/forest creation
- Must be an SME in configuring complex NTFS ACL assignments
- 3+ years Shell scripting (PowerShell, NT, SQL,…) is a critical requirement
- SQL server administration, maintenance plans, security is required
- Windows PKI required
- IIS Website configurations, optimizations and updates
- Storage architecture knowledge required
- Creating automated scripts for system administration tasks where possible and appropriate
- Datacenter network troubleshooting including IP fundamentals, DNS, load balancing, proxies and firewalls
- Installing new servers, rebuilding existing servers, database infrastructure and related middleware applications; configuring related hardware, peripherals, services, directories, storage and all other components according to defined standards, project and operational requirements
- Presenting technology concepts and terminology; interpreting and providing solutions on complex technologies/architectures
- Experience configuring and managing complex monitoring tools, such as Splunk, Solar Winds, SCOM
- Formal project development and execution, ability to work with PMO
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional business demeanor
- Customer-focused attitude
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.