Thrive Named #55 Cybersecurity Provider in the World on MSSP Alert’s Top 200 Managed Security Services Providers List
Third Annual List Honors Leading MSSPs, MDR Service Providers & Cybersecurity Companies
FOXBOROUGH, MA, September 23, 2019 – MSSP Alert, published by After Nines Inc., has named Thrive #55 on the Top 200 MSSPs list for 2019. The highly researched list identifies and honors the top 200 managed security services providers (MSSPs) that specialize in comprehensive, outsourced cybersecurity services.
The Top 200 MSSP rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2019 readership survey combined with aggregated third-party research. MSSPs featured throughout the list and research proactively monitor, manage and mitigate cyber threats for businesses, government agencies, educational institutions and nonprofit organizations of all sizes.
“Thrive has focused on growing our managed security service practice under the leadership of Michael Gray, CTO, and Chip Gibbons, Thrive’s Cybersecurity Vice President.”, said Rob Stephenson, CEO. “Michael and Chip have sourced top security talent and forged strategic partnerships with best in breed technology vendors to protect our clients’ IT infrastructure and business applications via Thrive’s Security Platform and 24x7x365 Security Operation Center (SOC). We’re honored to be named to the 2019 Top 200 MSSPs list by MSSP Alert along with such industry giants such as IBM, AT&T, Accenture, NTT, Verizon & others.”
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate Thrive on this year’s honor,” said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “Amid the ongoing cybersecurity talent shortage, thousands of MSPs and IT consulting firms are striving to move into the managed security market. The Top 200 list honors the MSSP market’s true pioneers.”
MSSP Alert: Top 200 MSSPs 2019 – Research Highlights
The MSSP Alert readership survey revealed several major trends in the managed security services provider market. Chief among them:
- The Top 5 business drivers for managed security services are talent shortages; regulatory compliance needs; the availability of cloud services; ransomware attacks; and SMB customers demanding security guidance from partners.
- 69% of MSSPs now run full-blown security operations centers (SOCs) in-house, with 19% leveraging hybrid models, 8% completely outsourcing SOC services and 4% still formulating strategies.
- The Top 10 cybersecurity vendors assisting MSSPs, in order of reader preference, are Fortinet, AT&T Cybersecurity, Cisco Systems, BlackBerry Cylance, Palo Alto Networks, Microsoft, SonicWall, Carbon Black, Tenable and Webroot (a Carbonite company).
- Although the overall MSSP market enjoys double-digit percentage growth rates, many of the Top 200 MSSPs have single-digit growth rates because they are busy investing in next-generation services – including managed detection and response (MDR), SOC as a Service, and automated penetration testing.
The Top 200 MSSPs list and research are overseen by Content Czar Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri). Find the online list and associated report here: http://www.msspalert.com/top200.
Thrive is a leading provider of NextGen managed services designed to drive business outcomes through application enablement and optimization. The company’s Thrive5 Methodology utilizes a unique combination of its Application Performance Platform and strategic services to ensure each business application takes advantage of technology that enables peak performance, scale, and trusted security. For more information, visit https://www.thrivenetworks.com
About After Nines Inc.
After Nines Inc. provides timeless IT guidance for strategic partners and IT security professionals across ChannelE2E (www.ChannelE2E.com) and MSSP Alert (www.MSSPAlert.com). ChannelE2E tracks every stage of the IT service provider journey — from entrepreneur to exit. MSSP Alert is the global voice for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).
- For sponsorship information contact After Nines Inc. CEO Amy Katz, Amy@AfterNines.com
- For content and editorial questions contact After Nines Inc. Content Czar Joe Panettieri, Joe@AfterNines.com